We are delighted to nominate six Hunger Mountain authors for the 2019 Pushcart Prize:
- Hallie Goodman for her essay “Slum Night“
- Carl Phillips for his poem “Morphine“
- Jordy Rosenberg for his story “A Monster Stands Guard at the Door of the House of Love”
- Destiny O. Birdsong for her poem “Of Unapologetic Black Women and Melania Trump“
- Caroll Sun Yang for her essay “The Waist That You Are From“
- Sasha LaPointe for her essay “The Jacket“
All authors were published in Hunger Mountain Issue 22: Everyday Chimeras. Wish them luck!